We're not starting an ed school anymore, Dorothy. It's started. Here's my first blog entry, from January 2010. What I'd described as a "yearlong journey" took 2. But we're up and running.
So I think this blog is ready for a new name. I've brainstormed. So far, I've got "Mike G's blog." And that's it.
Would appreciate other ideas. Winner gets to name his/her price*!
While I will continue blog about ed schools, rookie teachers, and teacher prep, I'll also continue to write about other topics, too. On my mind:
1. Ed-tech. Which tools help kids and make schoolteachers' lives easier, not harder? How will MOOCs change teacher prep, if at all?
3. Parents. How can we knock down the "Teacher-Parent Berlin Wall," so it's much easier for us all to work together?
4. College success and failure. How do grit (Dan W: drink!), knowledge (ahoy Robert), and $ affect college outcomes? What can we do to raise a kid's chances of success, both during K-12 and once in college?
5. The mostly barren world of p.d. and the promise of 1:1 teacher coaching. What works?
7. Understanding teacher time. Many things teachers are asked to do may (if done well) raise student achievement, but also make a teacher's job harder. Can we make teachers lives easier without diminishing student learning? Example: Grading. Anything that would help our 4 million teachers have more choices on how they might invest their limited and valuable time, both in and out of class.
All those edu-puzzles and more.
As for blog name ideas, so far besides Mike G's Blog (sound okay?), my 4 year old suggested "Something with Thor in it. Or The Hulk." Maybe you can do better.
*So long as it's cheap.