Teach at a Match School
At Match, we believe that great teachers and instruction are the key to building an exceptional school. We seek teachers who care deeply for their students and have the ability and desire to deliver high quality instruction and to develop intimate and real relationships with each child. See our 2013-2014 Teaching Opportunities.
Why should you work at a Match School?
- Commitment to teacher development. Through comprehensive professional development opportunities, frequent observations and feedback from fellow teachers and school leaders, and partnerships with other charter organizations, we aim to help each of our teachers reach their full potential.
- Tutor support. Every Match School teacher receives the aid of a Match Corps member (often a teacher resident). Match Corps members help teachers prepare their lessons, grade homework, and develop new ideas for the next day. This allows our talented teachers to spend more time doing things they often want to do but never have time for, such as making phone calls home, developing engaging lesson materials and more. In addition, all Match Schools teachers benefit from the individual attention each of their students get through tutoring on a daily basis.
- Small school and class sizes. One of the keys to our success is keeping our school small. In addition to tutoring, we aim to keep our classes intimate and manageable.
- Strong and consistent culture. We facilitate a strong culture where each student, teacher, and staff member is committed to learning. We eliminate the guesswork by keeping our school culture consistent across all teachers, staff, and students.
- Focus on college success. At Match Schools, we aim for more than just college admissions – we want our students to be successful both in college and beyond. As a result, we support our students in more areas than just academics, and would love for you to be part of it.
- Leadership development. Our teachers have continued to do amazing things after their work at Match. Former Match teachers and staff have gone on to become principals at other no excuses charter schools, foundation members for charter management organizations, directors of instructions, and more. We support both our teachers who want to continue in their current profession and those who wish to go on to other meaningful careers.
Available positions for 2013-14 academic year:
|Elementary Physical Education Teacher||Match Community Day|
|7th Grade Physical Science Teacher||Match Middle School|
If you are interested in applying for our available openings, please submit an application via our online web system located here. Successful applicants will have 2 or more years of full-time experience as a lead teacher in a classroom of their own. Experience in a no excuses charter school network is a plus.
If you have any questions about any of these positions or the application process, you can contact Min Ji, the Director of Teacher and Staff Recruiting, at firstname.lastname@example.org.