Match Teacher Residency
We think teaching is the hardest and most important job in the world.
The Match Teacher Residency offers real world experience on a pathway to becoming a teacher.
Match Teacher Residents work full-time at one of Match’s three campuses in Boston (elementary, middle and high school) during the day. During the evenings and on weekends, residents take classes at the Sposato Graduate School of Education.
Our goal is prepare and train the country’s best rookie teachers. We are now accepting applications to join the incoming class of 2017-2018. Want more information? Email Valerie Inniss, our recruitment manager, at email@example.com.
More about our program
Throughout the first year of the program, residents work full-time as tutors, supporting students and teachers. Sposato faculty, all master teachers, give Residents intensive and individualized coaching on every element of their practice: from managing classroom behavior, to running a great classroom discussion, to building strong relationships with students and families.
In the second year, students work full-time as a teacher while they participate in a year-long distance learning course and receive weekly individualized coaching.
Students who complete our two-year program earn a Masters degree in Effective Teaching.
By the numbers:
- We will welcome about 70 students into our program for the 2017-2018 school year.
- 100% of our students hold a Bachelor’s degree. Common college majors include: English, mathematics, history, economics, biology, political science, education.
- 100% of Match Teacher Residents obtain a full-time teaching position by the end of the first year of the program.
What skills and experience do I need to apply?:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree and a strong academic record.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to social justice and working with young people.
- Be a hard worker who is willing to accept regular feedback and constantly improve.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Want more information? Contact Valerie Inniss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to talk with someone in person? A recruiter may be coming to your campus soon.
Ready to apply? Here’s the application.
The Sposato Graduate School of Education (GSE) is one of the only graduate schools in the country that is based in a K-12 school setting. You can learn more about the program’s history, mission and leadership here.