Our application for 2015-2016 is now available!
What is the Match Corps?
The Match Corps is an eleven-month, full-time professional tutoring program designed to fully close the achievement gap between minority students and their non-minority peers, one student at a time. Each corps member receives a personal caseload of students to work intensively with for the entire school year, providing academic support and also building meaningful relationships with students and families.
Tutors meet with their students throughout the school day, in consistent groups of 1-4 students; tutorial is built into students' schedules in the same way other core academic classes are.
The links below lead to the job descriptions for Match Corps at each campus in Boston and for the Sposato GSE's MTR.
- Match Community Day
- Match Next
- Match Middle School
- Match High School
- Sposato GSE's MTR (and Match Corps Boston)
Who joins the Match Corps?
Match Corps members are high-achievers with a strong academic background, a relentless work ethic and a deep-seeded desire to make a tangible impact. Corps members span a wide range of career interests, from medicine and law to education and public policy.
Match Corps members are:
Recent college graduates who...
- Are interested in urban education, have experience with youth, and wish to pursue a year of service.
- Are interested in a career in education policy and want an opportunity to experience life on the ground in urban schools in an authentic and meaningful way.
- Are taking a gap year of service before medical school, law school, or other graduate programs.
- Career-changers or retired professionals who are interested in working with youth in a full-time academic setting
- Individuals who want to become highly effective classroom teachers in high-performing urban school by enrolling in our Match Teacher Residency.
Where is the Match Corps?
In Boston: Match Charter Public School operates four programs in Boston, Massachusetts - Match Community Day, Match Next, Match Middle School and Match High School, and there is a team of Match Corps tutors at each location. You can learn more about Match Corps: Boston and about Match Teacher Residency here.
In Other Districts:
Lawrence, MA: In 2011, Match Education realized its mission of expanding its tutoring model to other districts and schools across America. The Foundation partnered with the Lawrence Public School District in Lawrence, Massachusetts in 2012 to start a math-specific tutoring program in two of their high schools as part of their district-wide turnaround plan.
Chicago, IL: In 2013, the Foundation partnered with the University of Chicago and the Chicago Public School District to bring a math-specific tutoring program into twelve low-performing high schools. The program has now grown to 15 high schools, serving 1130 CPS students. Click here to learn more about how to be at the forefront of urban education reform.
For more information:
- Check out our Match Corps Alumni Directory to learn about the paths that Match Corps Members take after their year of service:
Want to get involved while you're still in college? Here are some opportunities to serve with our mission-aligned partners for current college students:
- In the Boston Area:
- During Summer Vacation:
- Look into post-graduate opportunities offered by these mission-aligned partners working alongside us in the education reform movement:
- Keep in the loop about what's happening at Match. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for monthly updates!
Match Corps applications for the upcoming school year are accepted on a rolling basis. In other words, we are accepting applications for the 2015-16 team starting in September and will continue to receive and review applications until June 2015, or until we have successfully filled all positions.
We process applications as soon as they are submitted, and successful applicants typically move through all steps of the selection process within 4-6 weeks.
Like what you've read? Click here to apply to the Match Corps Boston or to the Sposato Graduate School of Education's MTR or click here to be notified when the Match Corps Chicago application opens.