Match Corps Alumni
Over 500 people have participated in the Match Corps since its inception in 2004. Our alumni have gone on to exceptional careers in education, law, business, medicine, and other exciting fields. Take a look at what our Match Corps alumni are up to now!
- Match Corps Alumni in Medicine
- Match Corps Alumni in Law
- Match Corps Alumni in Education Policy and Reform
- Match Teacher Residency Alumni in Teaching
"I'm the Executive Director of Mali Health, a grassroots international organization that aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in West Africa through increasing access to care for marginalized populations. As director, I'm charged with setting the strategy, hiring and inspiring the team, raising the money and visibility, and sharing our message with the world."
Kris Ansin, Match Corps IV
Tulane University School of Medicine, MPH ‘11
Executive Director, Mali Health
“After college, I assumed I would go on to get a master’s in English eventually – I majored in English – but was not ready to go immediately after graduation. While I was trying to figure out what to do, I remembered enjoying student teaching so I started looking for service opportunities related to education. I interviewed for service work in L.A., Chicago, D.C., and Boston. The Match Corps stuck out to me for a few reasons. First, their literature suggested that the collective effort of all the adults in the school was having an outsize impact on student achievement – measureable impact. Second, the Match Corps gave you a built-in support group of people with whom you could commiserate and learn. Third, Match provided a supportive environment for you to discover whether working with students, or in education generally, was something you should pursue. Fourth, and not insignificantly, Match gave Corps essentially free housing. My experience at Match completely influenced where I am today. I learned that I wanted to stay in education, but not in the classroom. It got me interested in the policies and regulations that affect schools, which led to a master’s in education. My advisor in grad school gave me an internship researching state policy, which helped me get a full-time job working on federal policy. None of that would have happened without Match.”
Mario Cardona, Match Corps III
Policy Advisor, US Congress
Harvard University Graduate School of Education ‘08
George Washington University Law School ‘15
"MATCH helped me discover that I want to work in higher education as a mathematics professor, and gave me excellent preparation for my current role as a graduate teaching assistant in my PhD program. My year at MATCH was the most challenging, and the most rewarding, time of my life...there's absolutely nothing like it!"
Hakim Walker, Match Corps VI
The George Washington University, Doctorate of Mathematics’17
"I'm the Tutor Corps Director and Dean of Instruction at Great Oaks Charter School NYC. In our founding year, we have about 90 sixth graders, and we plan to grow to a 6-12 school. Working at Match absolutely led to me where I am today, not only because of MTR's training, but because of the inspiring work I saw done by everyone in the organization. It was one of the--if not the--hardest year of my life, but it made me an incredibly effective educator and showed me just how much I was capable of."
Laura Rincon, Match Corps V
Tutor Corps Director and Dean of Instruction, Great Oaks Charter School
Match Teacher Residency Alumni have taught at the following schools and school networks:
- Mission: Achievement First believes that all children regardless of race or socioeconomic status can succeed if they have a great education. We are a high-performing network of 25 non-profit, college preparatory, K-12 Charter Public Schools.
- Where: Brooklyn, Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport, Providence
- Website: http://www.achievementfirst.org/
- Schools in the network that have hired Match Teacher Residents: AF Endeavor, AF Bushwick, AF Crown Heights, AF Brooklyn High School, Amistad Academy New Haven, AF East New York
- Mission: The mission of Boston Collegiate Charter School is to prepare each student for college. We offer an academically rigorous college preparatory curriculum for students in grades five through twelve. 100% of our graduates have been accepted to college; the majority of them will be the first in their families to complete a college degree.
- Where: Boston
- Website: http://www.bostoncollegiate.org/home/index.php
Brooke Charter Schools (Network)
- Mission: Our mission is to provide an academically rigorous public education to students from the cities of Boston and Chelsea that will ensure that they are prepared to enter into and succeed in college.
- Where: Boston, Chelsea
- Website: http://www.ebrooke.org/
- Schools in the network that have hired Match Teacher Residents: Brooke Roslindale
Community Charter School of Cambridge
- Mission: Community Charter School of Cambridge combines challenging academics with creative use of technology and real-world experience to prepare a diverse student body, grades 7-12, for postsecondary success and productive citizenship. CCSC students are excellent problem solvers and communicators who contribute to their community through internships and other field experiences.
- Where: Cambridge
- Website: http://www.ccscambridge.org/
Coney Island Prep
- Mission: To prepare every scholar to succeed in the college and career of their choice.
- Where: New York City
- Website: http://www.coneyislandprep.org/
East Side College Prep
- Mission: At Eastside College Preparatory School we are committed to opening new doors for students historically underrepresented in higher education. Our challenging and engaging curriculum enables students to discover their intellectual strengths, sharpen their academic skills, and embrace new opportunities in a culture of learning that supports the potential of every student to enter and succeed in a four-year college and beyond.
- Where: Palo Alto, CA
- Website: http://www.eastside.org/
- Mission: KIPP is a national network of free, open enrollment, college-preparatory, public schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and life.
- Where: KIPP is currently located in 20 states and the District of Columbia. A full directory can be found at http://www.kipp.org/schools/school-directory-home
- Website: http://www.kipp.org/
- Schools in the network that have hired Match Teacher Residents: KIPP Academy Lynn, KIPP Academy Boston, KIPP King (San Lorenzo, CA), KIPP Aim (DC), KIPP Amp (Brooklyn), KIPP Key (DC), KIPP Will (DC), KIPP Heartwood (San Jose), KIPP DC College Prep (DC), KIPP Believe (New Orleans), KIPP Strive (Atlanta), Newark Collegiate Academy High School
Liberty Collegiate Academy
- Mission: The mission of Liberty Collegiate Academy is to prepare all students in grades 5-12 to enter, succeed in and graduate from the college of their choice.
- Where: Nashville
- Website: http://libertycollegiateacademy.org/
Neighborhood House Charter School
- Mission: Neighborhood House Charter School combines rigorous and engaging academics with social/emotional instruction to help all our students succeed in school and in life. We strive to develop scholars who embrace effort, seek knowledge, act thoughtfully, and commit to the common good.
- Where: Boston
- Website: http://www.thenhcs.org/
PAVE Academy Charter School
- Mission: PAVE Academy Charter School prepares Kindergarten to 8th grade students to thrive in competitive high schools and four-year colleges. PAVE provides its students with a rigorous academic program and a community built on the school’s core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance and Excellent Character (PAVE).
- Where: New York
- Website: http://www.paveacademy.org/
Propel Schools (Network)
- Mission: Propel's mission is to catalyze the transformation of public education so that all children have access to high performing public schools.
- Where: Pittsburgh
- Website: http://www.propelschools.org/
- Schools in the network that have hired Match Teacher Residents: Propel Schools: Montour
Success Prep Academy
- Mission: We develop college bound students for leadership and lifelong learning
- Where: New Orleans
- Website: http://successpreparatory.org/
Uncommon Schools (Network)
- Mission: Uncommon Schools starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college.
- Where: Boston, Newark, Brooklyn, Rochester, Troy
- Website: http://uncommonschools.org/
- Schools in the network that have hired Match Teacher Residents: Bedford-Stuyvesant Collegiate Charter School, Brownsville Collegiate, Williamsburg Collegiate, Roxbury Prep, Northstar Clinton-Hill, Vailsburg Collegiate, Uncommon Charter High School
Unlocking Potential (Network)
- Mission: Unlocking Potential (UP) is a nonprofit school management organization whose mission is to rapidly transform chronically underperforming district schools into extraordinary schools that sustain high achievement over time. Our schools ensure that students acquire the knowledge, skills, and strength of character necessary to succeed on the path to college and to achieve their full potential.
- Where: Boston, Lawrence
- Website: http://www.unlocking-potential.org/
- Schools in the network that have hired Match Teacher Residents:: UP Academy Boston, UP Academy Dorchester, UP Academy Leonard, UP Academy Oliver