Please read through all documents posted to this site. Operations directors are encouraged to educate employees about the business office website. The business office website is the only acceptable source for forms and policies and procedures documents. No prior versions of these documents are valid.
Please contact the appropriate individuals in the business office if you have any questions regarding finance-related matters that your operations director cannot answer.
TALLIE (ONLINE REIMBURSEMENTS)
Deadlines: Reimbursement reports must be completed and approved by midnight, EST on the deadline given by the business office. This deadline is typically 5 business days prior to the semi-monthly payroll date, which is typically on the 15th (or earlier if 15th not a business day) and the last business day of the month.
Resources: Please refer to the following resources prior to using Tallie:
Tallie Support Phone: (888) 874-1118 Ext. 2
Report Names: Before You Submit - Please change the name of your Tallie report to your First Name and Last Name.
Receipts Email: To e-mail receipts to Tallie, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Match e-mail account.
Documents and reports for AMEX statements should be submitted via Tallie. Please refer to the AMEX Cardholder Policies and Procedures Guide for information and instructions on submitting statements.
Agreement and Policies and Procedures Cardholders must follow the policies and procedures outlined in this document. They must also follow all other rules and procedures on this site, as well as any additional instructions provided by the business office in any other format.
Missing Receipt Letter This letter should be filled out and submitted via the AMEX report in Tallie for any purchase that the cardholder does not have a receipt for. Cardholders must make all reasonable attempts, including contacting the vendor, to obtain a copy of the original receipt prior to using the missing receipt letter as documentation.
General Purchasing Policies and Procedures
There are a handful of ways Match can purchase goods or services. Before requesting or making any purchases, all employees should refer to the approver list. Please click here to see the approver list. Please note that purchases that total greater than $500 cannot be separated into smaller purchases in order to only require approval from a level 1 approver. All purchases must be approved before the purchase or a commitment to a vendor is made. Any employee that makes an unauthorized purchase risks having to pay for the purchase himself.
Goods should be purchased with a method that is most preferable to the business office. These are the available methods of purchasing from and paying vendors for goods, in the order of preference:
- On Account: Ordering or purchasing goods directly from the vendor without a purchase order. The vendor ships the items to Match and then sends an invoice. Payment is made by a manual check that the business office processes upon receipt of the invoice and packing slips. Please contact the business office to identify vendors with which we already have accounts. Please also contact the business office to create an account with new vendors that we expect to use multiple times.
- Purchase Order: Purchase orders are used when we want to purchase items from vendors we don't have an account with and want to pay for the items after we receive them. This process allows Match to pay with a manual check. Please click here to see details on how a purchase order is done with the business office.
- Employee Reimbursement: When we cannot purchase items directly from a vendor, the reimbursement of employees for amounts they pay personally on behalf of Match is the next preferred purchase and payment method. Please see the Tallie Expense section of this website for more information on employee reimbursements.
- AMEX Cards: A few individuals at Match have Match AMEX cards. These cards should only be used for payments to vendors that do not accept checks or purchase orders, or for situations determined by the operations managers to be emergencies. Operations directors are responsible for contacting the vendors to determine if one of the more preferable payment methods are available.
- Petty Cash: Petty cash is the lease preferred payment method and should only be used for situations determined by the operations directors and principals to be emergencies (last-minute planning does not count as an emergency). Even if the purchase is considered an emergency, it absolutely cannot be paid for with petty cash if the cost is greater than $25.00, the payment is made to compensate a company or individual for services provided, or is payment to a vendor that normally accepts payment in the form of one of the previous methods described. Please click here to see the entire list of policies and procedures for petty cash.
Please read the additional purchasing policies here: General Purchasing Policies
Other Policies and Procedures
Cash Receipts Please turn in any receipts of cash to the business office ASAP.
Tax Exemption Certificates
Match School This certificate should only be used for purchases for Match High School, Match Middle School, Match Community Day, and Match Next.
Match Foundation This certificate should only be used for purchases for Tutor Recruiting, NOLA, Match Beyond, and purchases specifically for "Central Office" (this does NOT include purchases for the schools that are going to be "covered" by the Central Office for budget-purposes).
Charles Sposato Graduate School of Education
Staples Order Request Form All columns of this form must be filled out!
Non-Employee Reimbursement Form Any individual who is not set up on Match's payroll system should use the attached form for reimbursements. These reimbursements will not be processed through payroll. They will instead be processed with manual checks.
Contractor Invoice Template This template should only be used by vendors that do not have their own invoice templates. This should not be used by employees. Match staff should always contact the business office prior to hiring any contract or employee.
Any contractor who submits an invoice to Match for the first time must complete and submit a W-9 form. Click here to download a W-9 template.
Postage Meter Log Print-outs of this log must be kept next to all postage meters with a pen for employees to fill out. Personal mailings are not allowed to be stamped with Match postage meters!